From ideation to creation, DMZ Sandbox helps emerging entrepreneurs refine their business idea and develop the skills necessary to build a strong foundation needed to build a leading and competitive Canadian tech business.
DMZ Virtual Basecamp is an 8-week intensive student incubation program that is part of DMZ Sandbox and helps young entrepreneurs create tech solutions to growing social or economic gaps in society over the course of eight weeks in the summer.
At Basecamp, students tap into their potential and learn how to develop and market business ideas with the help of other young innovators, industry mentors and successful entrepreneurs. This is an opportunity for students to start real companies and gain experiential learning opportunities to apply what they’ve learnt and solved the world’s biggest problems. For more information on the program, please click here.
What’s in it for you?
- 1:1 mentoring with DMZ Staff, alumni companies, and outside mentors
- Connection to Ryerson Universities 10 entrepreneurial zones
- Customized coaching with DMZ experts on marketing, product development, lean canvas business models, consultations, and financing
- Weekly accountability meetings with DMZ staff
- Opportunities to engage with other leading startups and experts from across Canada
What you’ll learn?？
- Sales and negotiation strategies
- Marketing strategies
- Legal advice
- Product and brand management
- Value proposition design
- And so much more
Students interested in the program must
- Commit to 15 – 25 hours per week
- Be returning to school in the fall or have graduated high school or postsecondary within eight months program start date.
- Have an innovative business idea that utilizes technology to solve a compelling industry problem
- Have a driven, coachable, and collaborative team
Landing Pad Tokyo member companies virtually participate in the Collision event to be held in April 2021. LPT members engaged in B to B matching with the help of the Ontario Government. Collision is a fast-growing tech conference in North America, equivalent of Web Summit in Europe and RISE in Hong Kong. Collision was moved to and held in Toronto for the first time in 2019, and will be held in Toronto in 2021 and 2022.
DMZ YYZ is a customized two-week intensive soft-landing program in Toronto, Canada that assists international growth-stage startups integrate within the Canadian innovation ecosystem. This program will provide the opportunity for participating startups to scale in North America through DMZ programming and the Toronto ecosystem. LPT is supporting startups participating from Japan.