Landing Pad Advanced Accelerator is aiming at becoming
“a gateway to leading-edge technologies” and “a facilitator of cooperation”
for strategic manufacturing clusters in Japan.
About Landing Pad Advanced Accelerator (LPAA)
Landing Pad Advanced Accelerator (LPAA) provides support to strong mid-size companies in Japan in furthering the development of value-creation technologies through introducing leading-edge technologies from overseas.
From DMZ of Ryerson University, Canada, with which Landing Pad Tokyo (LPT) is partnering, LPT will introduce startup companies that can help Japanese manufacturers in digitalizing, advancing and improving efficiency of their operations. Through this matching, LPT hopes to accelerate its mid-size members' innovation.
Strategic Technology Areas of LPAA
(digitalization, digital twin)
LPAA's Operations and Services to Members
Providing support in working with Canada
- Matching with Canadian startups
- Supporting cooperation with Canadian academia, hosting lectures from Canadian academia
- Introducing interns from Canadian universities
- Providing advice from LPT's PiRs (Professionals in Residence) and leading-edge information
- Supporting cooperation with universities and technical colleges that LPT partners with (academia, interns)
Center of Excellence
LPT will work with academia of universities and technical colleges who have specialized expertise to guide and promote mid-size companies to adopt the following:
- Technology : Digitalization -> semi/full automation
Life-cycle efficiency -> Digital twin (simulation technology)
- Business : Enable companies to export innovative products and technologies